Monday, September 10, 2007

(Tue.) He Said, She Said...Snake Said

“A Cadet will not use evasive statements or technicalities in order to shield guilt or defeat the ends of justice, sir.” Article IV, Aggie Code of Honor

Everybody loves to play the “blame game” when caught red handed.

Genisis Chapter 3
12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." 13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

Especially today, with so much time being spent on MySpace or playing role games like Halo or Medal of Honor…We spend so much time living a virtual life where there are no consequences for our actions. So like this passage above, we try and avoid guilt by blame-shifting.

Psalm 51
For the director of music. A psalm of David. When the prophet Nathan came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.
1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great
compassion blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you
are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


David sinned…big time, and the only way to begin repairing his relationship with God was to confess his sin. Jesus stands ready to forgive you and cast that sin as far away as the east is from the west, but to begin, first you have to own it…its your life, your decisions, your hurts, your mistakes…own it all, because Jesus has paid for all.

Are you a world changer? Are you waiting for some one else to change the world for you? You and you alone have been placed right here & right now. Own the here and now where God has placed you. Own your revolution, because no one else will change Malakoff, Texas, USA, & The World the same way you can.
Find, Cut Out/Copy a news/web article that shows someone trying to avoid blame for his/her actions. Get it & Bring it to RiotLIFE on Sunday.

No comments: