Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Repent!!...Here's an update!

I know, I know, I know!!! 3 MONTHS!!!. It is what it is and I'm sorry. Besides just being sorry I've also posted some pics from the Guys Retreat & some thoughts from my time in God's Book today.
I was looking at Acts Ch. 6 and a thought hit me...Stephen's face appeared to be that of an angel...It reminded me of this ludicrous song that says something about the lips of an angel and how so often we equate getting exactly what "we" desire as heavenly, but right here is Stephen, lied about, betrayed, arrested and alone with God, before a hateful murderous crowd...

He is about to give a powerful and astonishing defense of the Gospel of Christ. He is about to meet a gruesome martyr's death because of his faith...and his Joy shines forth in a face like an angel...

My hope is that we will shine like that, not because we're getting ours, but because we've given up everything to defend the Gospel of our Christ and reach our world for Him. Shine on.

No comments: